The Comité Champagne is committed to protecting your personal data. It collects and processes personal data in compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/CE (General Regulation on Data Protection).
As part of its activities, the Comité Champagne processes the personal data collected on its website when you subscribe to our newsletter, in order to send you news, or via the contact form.
These data are:
- The person’s surname, first name, function and IP address in the event of contact via the contact form;
- Email address;
- Date of subscription to the newsletter.
We use two types of cookies on the Comité Champagne site:
- Browser cookies, which are of key importance to the website’s proper operation as they enable use of its main features. The site uses Net Solution Partner’s "SmartProfile". These cookies do not require consent as data are anonymised.
- Audience measurement cookies, which enable knowledge of the site’s performances, as retention of the origin of visits and other information enables us to know how effective our advertising campaigns are. For some of these cookies, consent is required for the "SmartProfile" solution. Such consent is collected and retained by the Axeptio cookie management solution.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data are used by the Comité Champagne in order to:
- Ensure normal browsing of the website;
- Manage your registration requests and dispatch of the newsletter;
- Manage contact requests via the form.
Processing of personal data by the Comité Champagne is based on:
- Our legitimate interest in keeping you informed of our news;
- Your consent to receive the Comité Champagne’s newsletter and answers to your questions and remarks sent via the contact form.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with their respective needs, recipients of all or part of such data are:
- Comité Champagne employees responsible for publication of content and technical administration of the website;
- Comité Champagne employees responsible for processing requests received via the contact form;
- Authorised service providers.
The Comité Champagne does not disclose personal data to other companies for commercial or marketing purposes.
However, it may communicate personal data to its data processers, including its website host PHPNET France – Nuxit.
Website users’ personal data are retained for the period required in order to achieve the goal for which they were collected.
Data collected in order to send the newsletter are retained for as long as the data subject does not unsubscribe (via the unsubscribe link integrated into newsletters).
The cookies and trackers referred to below are installed for a maximum period of 13 months.
The personal data they collect are retained for a maximum period of 25 months.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN UNION
The Comité Champagne transfers personal data to third countries outside the European Union. Such data are entrusted to Mailchimp, which hosts them in countries outside the European Union.
In such cases, the service provider processes personal data in compliance with the standard contractual clauses between data processors appended to the European Commission’s Implementing Decision 2021/914 of 4 June 2021, or equivalent clauses adopted by non-EU governments.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
For any questions or requests regarding the Comité Champagne’s processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer by email at dpo[@]civc.fr or by letter addressed to Le Comité Champagne, Délégué à la Protection des Données, 5 rue Henri-Martin, 51200 Épernay, France.
Pursuant to Act no.78-17 of 6 January 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties, amended by the General Data Protection Regulation, you have rights of access to, rectification of, erasure of, and objection to the processing of your personal data, and a right of portability.
Right of access: the user can request access to the data collected and retained by the Comité Champagne.
Right of rectification: the user can request rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data concerning them.
Right of erasure: the user can request the erasure of all or part of their data.
Right of objection: the user can object to the use of their data by the Comité Champagne.
Right of portability: the user can request a readable copy of their data for their personal use or in order to communicate them to a third party of their choice.
Latest version – September 2022